Sunday, October 13, 2013

Kate Does TIRR: Volume 1 Edition 2

Well, yesterday was my birthday and let me tell you, of all the things I imagined I'd be doing, spending it in a hospital wasn't one of them. But you know, UT did beat OU yesterday so Hell has probably frozen solid and pigs are likely flying. What I really wanted to do for my birthday was get up and do a Saturday ride. I wanted to see how much all my riding in Austin has affected my riding at home. I've climbed some big suckers (even crashed because I couldn't turn my pedals...thankfully nobody saw the crash, that would have been embarrassing) trying to get stronger. My goal was to keep up with or maybe even put the hurt on the big boys ( I'm looking at you Lance, Jeff, Rob, Marcus and all the other fast guys). 

But even though I didn't get to spend my birthday the way I planned, it was still pretty good. I was truly touched by all of the people, cards, messages and well wishes that came my way. I guess I never realized how much of a support system I actually have. If I can say one positive thing about this accident, it has truly taught me how much I am loved. Plus I get to milk this thing for its benefits; I'm thinking a puppy or possibly a Cervelo S5....

From the teddy bear Celeo gave me to the beautiful "selfies" Chrystine got for me, all of my presents are treasured. They're just clogging up my room a little bit! By the way, sorry for most likely misspelling your name Celeo. 







Also yesterday,I figured out how to talk around this big old hunk of plastic in my neck. However my voice sounds like the love child of the Grudge and a goat. It even kind of freaks me out sometimes, so I can't imagine what everyone else must think of my less than harmonic tones. But it is a voice after all. So I'll take it. I just might freak out small children. 

7 comments:

  1. So great to hear your voice and your sense of humor in your writing Kate! We are thinking of you over here and sending you every ounce of good vibes we can send--

    -Rebekah and Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog... Yea, I use to be fast...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, so grand to know you're in good spirits! If you get bored and want some book titles or author suggestions, please let me know. Best warm feelings coming to you! Ms. Nelson, English IV leslye.nelson@cfisd.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, so glad to hear your sense of humor and good spirits coming through in your blog. Keep on being strong! Sending good vibes your way. Mrs. Self

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, who is that beautiful young lady holding your cake?? Haha, I love you bunches, Kate and your blogs make me smile. I wish I could be there with you all the time! I miss you a lot and need a TON of help on all this homework!! Keep pushing. I was listening to that song "My Body" that you put on our iTunes and I felt like it fit this situation quite well with the lyrics "my body tells me no, but I won't quit 'cause I want more". You amaze me everyday with the new things you can do. See ya soon, pretty lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate - good to read your blog full of positive spirits. Happy belated birthday! Stay strong and be the fighter you have always been. And yea - its two days after, but OU STILL SUCKS! ---- Vinit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kate. Happy Belated Birthday. Glad you're back with family.
    Think of this experience as that big hill you climbed...you fell off but still made it to to the top!! Stay Strong! - Barbara T and Scott W

    ReplyDelete