Monday, September 9, 2013

Best and Worst


This week was pretty awesome overall. I dropped my hardest class once I found out I didn't need to take it, making me feel relieved, lifting the stress off my shoulders. I got to hang out with a bunch of Plan II-ers at Getaway where I played volleyball for the first time in almost three years which brought back fond memories of my time as a high school volleyball player. I hung out with my good friends, watching the pitiful outcome of the UT v BYU game and eating homemade puppy chow and pumpkin cake balls. But the best part of my week was actually today (I count Sunday as part of the week) when I got to go on my first UT Cycling team ride this morning. Our sixty-five mile ride took us from Gregory Gym all the way to San Marcos. I felt enthusiastic to begin my next four years riding with this group of cyclists, connected to a group of equally bike-obsessed people (finally guys who want to talk Tour de France and USA Pro Challenge with me!) and fired up to begin racing for Texas Cycling.

Community and friendship in cycling as Chris Froome rides to his
2013 Tour de France victory with his teammates.
The worst part of this past week was definitely getting sick. I typically rarely get sick, so suffering through the headaches and sore throat from my cold really made me feel miserable and lethargic.


Hopefully this cold will go away soon, so I can begin this next week on a more positive note!

No comments:

Post a Comment